Sunday, July 02, 2006

Follow Your Hunch

Fireworks around the bend. Freedom!
What does that say to me as an artist? ONLY EVERYTHING!!! My rockets of fire claim,
" Follow your own bliss and you'll live your own purpose on Earth. "

In 2002, living in Charlotte, NC, dancing in a troupe called "For the Pleasure of your Company", I had a intuitive hunch to pack it up and head to Kansas. Here I would "Do" two things. First I would clear the way of 20 years storage. Storage that represented trying to please others and forgetting to please myself. It took a year of tenacity and courage to achieve this goal.

Second: I would gather what I called (WHAT CALLED ME!!!!!) my new life and go to a site that this intuition called the Geodetic Center. My new life was the ARTIST'sWAY. My new life represented me as an individual, not a role of someone else's imagination. My new life told me that i would find what i was looking for. My new life said, you're Evelyn Wray, the artist.

Ah yes, a misspent life coming to fruition. I gathered my brushes and a box of paper, shot my arrow and landed in Hunter, KS. This outlaw center was perfect for me to start painting, make a space for Tara, daughter in NYC, to visit me for a film role, and find the Geodetic Center.

It took five months and the mission was done. After meeting the property owner, I moved into an old crap house of his and with the sweat of my brow, remodeled it into a cottage of Gallery hangings for the painting art biz that formed from : A HUNCH!

In 2005, Tara finished up her film making and here is a pic of us , at The Geodetic Center of my intuition.
What one hunch leads to on one's own leading edge.

The better it gets? The Better it gets.
Evelyn Wray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home